Agreement with Russia for long-term support of Su-30 MKI aircraft
New Delhi: During Indo-Russia Military-Industrial Conference (March 17-18), 2017 held in New Delhi, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has signed agreements with Russian Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) and United Engine Corporation (UEC) for long-term support on after sales service of Su-30 MKI aircraft.>br>
These agreements will enable HAL to procure the required spares based on the price catalogues directly from the OEMs, authorized by Federal Services on Military Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) of Russian Federation for Su-30 MKI fleet and boost after sales service by reducing lead time in procurement of spares significantly.
A total number of 485 lines have been identified for Transfer of Technology (ToT) to support Su-30 MKI fleet. Towards this, 20 Indian vendors have been introduced to the Russian OEMs to find out the feasibility of ToT in the fields desired by Indian vendors. Russian side has been requested to consider permission to identified OEMs to establish Joint Ventures (JVs) or any other means of localization with Indian Private industry partners for manufacture of spare parts through ToT.
- BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile fired successfully (2017-04-21)
- India and Republic of Korea sign MOU for Defence Industry Co-Operation in Shipbuilding (2017-04-21)
- Joint Statement on India-United Kingdom Defence Partnership (2017-04-13)
- HAL honored with 'SCOPE Meritorious Award' (2017-04-11)
- Setting up of New Organisation for Undertaking Defence Procurement (2017-04-11)
- Steps taken by Government to enhance the role of SMEs in indegenizatin (2017-04-11)
- HAL has achieved the highest ever turnover of Rs.17,406 crores in 2016-17 (2017-04-01)