Boeing completes the delivery of 500th 787 Dreamliner
Washington: Boeing delivered the 500th 787 Dreamliner, a 787-8 to Avianca, marking another milestone in the program’s history.
“Achieving 500 deliveries – the fastest to 500 for twin aisles – is a great accomplishment, made possible by the hard work and dedication of our employees and global suppliers,” said Mark Jenks, vice president and general manager, 787 program, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
Since entering service in 2011, the 787 Dreamliner fleet has grown to include 48 operators, who have collectively flown 696,000 revenue flights, carrying 133 million passengers over 1.7 billion revenue miles.
The 787 family is flying more than 530 routes, with customers opening more than 120 new nonstop routes around the world.
- Boeing Completes Successful First Flight of 737 MAX 9 (2017-04-13)
- The Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner took to the skies for the first time (2017-03-31)
- Boeing 737 MAX 8 obtains FAA Certification (2017-03-09)
- Boeing establishes Boeing Defence India to accelerate Defense Engagement (2017-02-08)
- Boeing’s Second All-Electric Propulsion Satellite Enters ABS Service (2017-01-23)
- SpiceJet Announces Deal for up to 205 Boeing Airplanes (2017-01-13)
- Boeing launches skills development program in Gujarat with Jaivel Aerospace (2017-01-12)