Domestic Air Passenger Traffic is growing at fast pace
New Delhi: Domestic Air Traffic is continuing to grow at a fast pace according to the information available. 673.83 Lakh passengers were carried by scheduled domesitc airlines in 2014. In the year 2015 the number of passengers carried increaased to 810.19 Lakhs. The year 2016 saw further growth in the number of passengers carried to 998.88 Lakhs. in January 2017 itself the scheduled carriers recorded a record 95.79 Lakh passengers.
Year on year growth of passengers grew from 9.7% in 2014 to 20.34% in 2015. In the year 2016 it further It grew by 23.18%. Passenger growth in the month of Januaary 2017 was 23.18%.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Civil Aviation Shri Jayant Sinha in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
- Karnataka signs MOU with Civil Aviation Ministry for Mysuru, Bidar and Ballari Airports (2017-04-20)
- Cabinet approves development of 50 un-served and under-served air strips (2017-03-07)
- Good Response to Civil Aviation Ministry’s Regional Connectivity Scheme UDAN (2017-01-19)
- AirSewa Portal launched by Shri.Ashok Gajpathi Raju (2016-11-25)
- Aeronautical Society of India holds Flight Saftey seminar in Delhi (2016-11-18)
- India’s first Tarmac Coach ' Columbus' unveiled (2016-11-11)
- Pre-Bid Meeting On Regional Connectivity Scheme and Stakeholders Conference held (2016-11-11)