GoAir signs contract for 72 Airbus A320neo aircraft
Toulouse: GoAir, a Wadia Group company, has signed a firm contract for 72 Airbus A320neo aircraft following its Memorandum of Understanding signed during the Farnborough International Airshow. The agreement reached on 30th December 2016, doubles GoAir’s firm order book for the aircraft type to 144.
GoAir took delivery of its first A320neo in June 2016 and now operates a fleet of twenty three aircraft. With the NEO induction, Go Air will expand its network and offer fliers better connectivity and continue its growth as one of India’s preferred low-cost airline.
“The A320neo provides the latest technical innovations and unbeatable economics. We are happy to offer our passengers the most modern and comfortable cabins. This new order will further strengthen our network by adding more domestic and international routes in the years to come,” said GoAir Managing Director & CEO, Wolfgang Prock-Schauer.
“We are delighted that GoAir has renewed its confidence in Airbus. The A320neo offers unbeatable operating costs and GoAir’s passengers will continue to enjoy the unrivalled comfort that only Airbus aircraft offer,” said Airbus Commercial Aircraft Chief Operating Officer - Customers, John Leahy. “By doubling its order to 144 aircraft, GoAir will benefit from a greatly expanded network.”
GoAir was the first airline to use A320neo in the Spaceflex configuration with 186 seats without compromising on passenger leg room and comfort. The A320neo Family incorporates latest technologies including new generation engines and Sharklet wing tip devices, which together deliver more than 15 percent in fuel savings from day one and 20 percent by 2020 with further cabin innovations.
- Airbus names finalists for “Fly Your Ideas 2017” student competition (2017-04-12)
- Airbus Corporate Jets introduces Easystart support (2017-04-10)
- Airbus A319neo performs its maiden flight (2017-03-31)
- Airbus to set up a greenfield training facility at Aerocity, New Delhi (2017-03-17)
- Airbus and Routehappy launces enriched flight booking for passengers (2017-03-09)
- EASA Certification for A321 Neo powered by CFM LEAP -1A Engine (2017-03-01)
- Hamburg startup helps Lufthansa to reduce jetlag (2017-02-08)