HAL-IISc to Set-Up Skill Development Centre
Bangalore: The Bhoomi puja for construction of HAL-IISc Skill Development Centre was performed at Challakere in Chitradurga district around 230 km from Bengaluru by Mr. T. Suvarna Raju, CMD, HAL, Prof. Anurag Kumar, Director, IISc and others yesterday. “This will go a long way in recognizing and honing skills and providing opportunities for youth at various levels in line with the Government’s Skill India initiative”, said Mr. Raju.
According to Prof Anurag Kumar, the goal is to create a model facility that would provide skill development programmes for various beneficiaries from local community to high-end engineering professionals. Construction of the HAL-IISc Skill Development Centre is expected to be completed in 24 months. Training activities are expected to begin by March 2019. Mr. V.M. Chamola, Director, HR, senior officials of HAL and senior faculty of IISc were present on the occasion.
The concept of a Skill Development Centre (SDC) has been in the pipeline for nearly eight years at IISc. The realization of this vision warranted working with active partners having common goals. HAL came forward to support the infrastructure for this Centre under their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives. HAL shouldering the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through various community development activities over the years. Major areas of CSR are Infrastructure Development, Health, Rural Sports, Women empowerment, Education, Skill Development, Drinking Water, Enriching the environment by Rejuvenation of River Kumudvathi, Establishment of Wind Power Project & Solar Power Projects in Schools etc.
Already many activities have been initiated at the new IISc Campus in Challakere taluk, Chitradurga district, on 1500 acres of land. This includes the construction of the boundary wall, peripheral road, the establishment of a climate research laboratory, solar power research field, and a Centre for bio-energy-based low-carbon technologies.
- BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile fired successfully (2017-04-21)
- India and Republic of Korea sign MOU for Defence Industry Co-Operation in Shipbuilding (2017-04-21)
- Joint Statement on India-United Kingdom Defence Partnership (2017-04-13)
- HAL honored with 'SCOPE Meritorious Award' (2017-04-11)
- Setting up of New Organisation for Undertaking Defence Procurement (2017-04-11)
- Steps taken by Government to enhance the role of SMEs in indegenizatin (2017-04-11)
- Agreement with Russia for long-term support of Su-30 MKI aircraft (2017-04-10)