India's Exo-Atmospheric Interceptor Missile successfully test fired
New Delhi: India successfully conducted a test wherein an incoming ballistic missile target was intercepted by an exo-atmospheric interceptor missile off the Bay of Bengal.
With this commendable scientific achievement, India has crossed an important milestone in building its overall capability towards enhanced security against incoming ballistic missile threats. It has entered an exclusive club of four nations with developing capabilities to secure its skies and cities against hostile threats.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar lauded the efforts of the DRDO and all the scientists involved for their dedicated efforts in this significant achievement.
- BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile fired successfully (2017-04-21)
- India and Republic of Korea sign MOU for Defence Industry Co-Operation in Shipbuilding (2017-04-21)
- Joint Statement on India-United Kingdom Defence Partnership (2017-04-13)
- Setting up of New Organisation for Undertaking Defence Procurement (2017-04-11)
- Steps taken by Government to enhance the role of SMEs in indegenizatin (2017-04-11)
- HAL honored with 'SCOPE Meritorious Award' (2017-04-11)
- Agreement with Russia for long-term support of Su-30 MKI aircraft (2017-04-10)