Performance of Ordnance Factory Board
New Delhi: Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is a departmentally run production organization functioning under the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence. OFB manufactures Arms, Ammunition, Artillery Guns, Tanks, Combat Vehicles, Troop Comfort items and other equipment required by the Armed Forces. It serves as a dedicated production base for military hardware needs of the Armed Forces, with a view to achieve self-reliance in defence preparedness of the country.
Performance of OFB in terms of value of issue during the last three years and current year is as below:
Year 2013-14 ---11,123 Crores
Year 2014-15---11,364 Crores
Year 2015-16----13,047 Crores
Year 2016-17---12,426 Crores
(till February 2017)
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Laxmi Narayan Yadav in Lok Sabha today.
- BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile fired successfully (2017-04-21)
- India and Republic of Korea sign MOU for Defence Industry Co-Operation in Shipbuilding (2017-04-21)
- Joint Statement on India-United Kingdom Defence Partnership (2017-04-13)
- HAL honored with 'SCOPE Meritorious Award' (2017-04-11)
- Setting up of New Organisation for Undertaking Defence Procurement (2017-04-11)
- Steps taken by Government to enhance the role of SMEs in indegenizatin (2017-04-11)
- Agreement with Russia for long-term support of Su-30 MKI aircraft (2017-04-10)