Saab is proud to be a part of Aero India 2019 and will continue to team up with India for its defence and security needs and the development of a world-class Indian defence industry. Saab will demonstrate how our advanced technology and innovative thinking can deliver the best solutions for strong national defence and an independent industrial future for India.
“Saab brings ready-for-tomorrow defence and security solutions that are always customised for the needs of India’s armed forces. We have a long relationship with the Indian Air Force, HAL, other many other public and private sector entities involved in aerospace for India. At Aero India 2019 we showcase our latest technologies which are changing defence and security planning, deployment, defence economics and future force readiness,” says Ola Rignell, Chairman and Managing Director, Saab India Technologies.
“Aero India 2019 comes as the Indian Airforce evaluated new fighters for its future airpower needs. We aare displaying Gripen E mission simulator which clearly demonstrates how Gripen, the most advanced multi-role fighter aicraft in the world, maximises operational effect in the future battlespace. We are proud to present a full scale Gripen E along with game changing Meteor and the precision attack Taurus KEPD” says Mats Palmberg, Vice President, Industrial Partnerships, Saab, and Head of Gripen India Campaign.
On the occasion of Aero India 2019, Saab brings a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to Indian aviation enthusiasts, and anyone with a dream to get close to a fighter jet. Win a trip to the home of Gripen, in Linkoping, Sweden with the Gripen Warriors contest.
Saab products and systems on display at Aero India include:
· Gripen E and Weapon systems. Gripen combines exceptional operational performance, highly advanced net-centric warfare capability, sensor fusion, unique BVR capability, cost efficiency with true transfer of technology and a comprehensive industrial partnership. Also on display is a Full Scale Replica of Gripen E and Gripen E Mission Simulator.
· The RBS 15 Mk3, the most modern surface-to surface missile system available. It operates in a diverse range of scenarios, from anti-ship engagement in blue waters and littorals to land attack missions.
· Taurus KEPD, a platform independent long-range precision attack missile that delivers an unparalleled combination of performance parameters: long range and intelligent flight behaviour, a devastating combination of warhead and fuze technology, plus an extremely accurate and highly redundant guidance system for pin-point attacks.
· Gripen Maritime: Showcasing our Gripen Maritime version to share its capabilities and performance. Gripen M (Maritime) is a fully certified design of a carrier capable version of the latest generation of Gripen E that Saab is currently offering to the Indian Air Force. It is modified to launch from a carrier with either a catapult or ski-ramp assisted short take-off.
· Integrated Defensive Aids Suite (IDAS) - IDAS is a fully integrated warning system and includes radar warning (RWC), missile approach warning (MAWS) and laser warning sensors (LWS). In India, IDAS is integrated on the ALH Dhruv and ready for LCH.
· Land Electronic Defence System (LEDS) 50 Mk2 – is an integrated, modular, active protection system consisting of a laser warning system (LWS) and effector control providing combat personnel with vital situational awareness on laser threats and manual or fully automatic responses against threats.
· The GaN based (Gallium Nitride) Saab AESA Fighter Radar.
· The truly multi-role Globaleye AEW & C aircraft with ERIEYE-ER radar automatically detects and tracks air and surface targets over a huge area, and can track very low-observable air and sea targets, including ‘stealthy’ aircraft, cruise missiles or submarine periscopes, even in heavy clutter and jamming environments.
· Saab’s GIRAFFE 1X is a multi-purpose, light weight AESA 3D radar system solution in the X-band with outstanding performance in its class of radars. GIRAFFE 1X is characterized by its low weight and small physical footprint that allows for integration in vehicles without affecting mobility and agility.
· Ground Combat Systems including the Carl Gustaf M4, a man-portable multi-role weapon system that provides high tactical flexibility through its wide range of ammunition types. It is extremely light (less than 7 kg), and has an intelligent sight, improved ergonomics and reduced action time. Meanwhile, the disposable AT4 system is enhanced to deliver extended range (ER) performance and improved high explosive (HE) effects.
· Signature Management Systems Saab’s portfolio includes the Mobile Camouflage System- a tailor-made, multi-spectral (visual, near IR, short wave IR, thermal IR and radar from 1 GHz to 100 GHz), multi-purpose system for mobile fighting platforms that enhances survivability and sustainability in the battlefield. We also have various multi-spectral camouflage nets (MSCN) including the advanced reversible camouflage screen (ARCAS) and C-90 Net, designed to protect all kinds of vehicles and other static military equipment.
· Digital Tower Management Solutions- Remote Tower solutions provide a smarter approach to air traffic control by digitizing and integrating airport functions. Whether that airport is an international hub, a small regional airport or a new airport, we offer effective solutions that improve safety and operational efficiency.